Sunday, June 27, 2010

Divine Intervention

With all that's happening in our beautiful Country today, as well as in the rest of the world, wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, the loss and relocation of jobs, as well as the colapse of the economies in America and Greece. Riots, murder and unrest in our border states spotlighting illegal immigration and the drug cartels, hunger and famine in third world countries. Not to mention the threat of the Countries previously labeled as the "Axis of Evil", (nuclear proliferation in Iran, and the threat of launch by North Korea) rattling their sabres. Considering this, I've noticed something missing in our day to day deluge of media reports that I thought should be brought to your attention.
I have yet to see the First Family, The President, First Lady, with kids in tow, going to church on Sunday.... Have you ? I vividly remember almost every Sunday in the past, seeing George and Barbara, (and his Mom and Dad), Bill and Hillary, Ron and Nancy, Jimmy and Rosalyn, Gerald, Betty, even tricky Dick and his wife, attending church on a regular basis.
While I in no way consider myself a "Holy Roller", I do however subscribe to the belief in a higher power. I'm also convinced that President Obama actually believes he's it. But it begs the question, what is it that all of those past Presidents prayed for ? Could it be they prayed for God to grant them the knowledge to lead and the humility to listen ? Could it be that they prayed for their Lord and Savior to deliver them from sin, and grant them the ability to help thy fellow man ? Possibly they prayed for deliverance from the dark days and perils of the present and a return of the prosperous day of the not so distant past, or maybe just help and guidance in the duties thrust upon them.
What ever the reason, I somehow felt more comfortable knowing that the President was seeking answers to the questions and problems before him knowing he alone, could not solve all the problems facing the human race.
I don't think I'm alone today when I say that I can't help harboring feelings of depression, anxiety, impending doom and a complete and total loss of the positive attitude I here to fore was known for amongst the people in my circle.
With all this in mind, I ask you Mr. President, if you really are a man of faith.... "Don't you think it's time for a little... Divine Intervention ?"



David W. Emerick
"Cowboy"

No comments:

Post a Comment